Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with, and relates to, other people and the world around them. It is a spectrum condition, which means that, while all people with autism share certain areas of difficulty, their condition will affect them in different ways. Aspergers syndrome is a form of autism.
We are a team of volunteers whose aim is to provide support and information to people with autistic spectrum disorders (including Asperger’s syndrome) and their families.
Our branch offers:
- Support and guidance to individuals and families
- Play opportunities for children and young people
- Information and signposting
- Organized events, activities and fun days
- Campaigning to raise local awareness
- Fundraising in the local community